When I posted the tweet asking for followers' websites to review, Vinicio was the first to reply. So I got a bit excited to post my first review. This is his website. Thank you Vinicio for your submission!
This website is blazing fast
Like, honestly. I opened the website, I blinked, and everything was in front of me. This is the power of static-site generators. You can't go wrong with Gatsby!
Very nice graphics!
Don't know where he gets the photos from (Unsplash I assume?) but they add a nice touch to the list of blog posts.
Great About page
I always love seeing About pages where the developer has put the time and effort to appear friendly and approachable.
Oh and I learned about cadejos. Amazing work!
What could be improved
Some features at the bottom of the page could be changed to improve the contrast:
- The bottom navigation hover color
- The "Subscribe" button background color
WebAIM contrast checker shows a failure for all checks for the two colours:
The term "time investment" is something I haven't seen before in blogs. I've seen "5 minute read" but not this.
I feel like something more straight-forward like "5 minute read" would make more sense.
Two navigation bars at footer
This one I found a bit weird. I don't see a reason why the bottom of the page should have 2 navigation bars that are exactly the same. This could potentially be a bit confusing.
Reviews (9 part series)
- Website review #1 - Cadejo.Dev (Vinicio Vladimir Sánchez Trejo)
- Website review #2 - Concrete and Lavender (Maria Spyrou)
- Website review #3 - Twitter Butler Digest
- Website review #4 - Coding with Ease (Godspower Eze)
- Website review #5 - Catalin Pit
- Website review #6 - Agathe Badia
- Website review #7 - DenisWritesCode (Denis Mutinda)
- Website review #8 - Timothy Adeyeye
- Website review #9 - Fauzi Arda